Another student from Chrisland High School, Whitney Adeniran, has tragically passed away, causing their family to cry out in grief. This occurred after an inter-house sports event.

The death of a 12-year-old student at Chrisland International High School, Opebi Branch, Lagos, has resulted in public outrage and calls for investigations. Whitney Adeniran, who was a student at the school, died during inter-house sports activities held at Agege Stadium on Thursday. Michael Adeniran, the father of the deceased, took to social media to voice his grief and demand answers from the school.

According to Mr. Adeniran, his daughter was in good health when the school picked her up for the sports activities and was shocked to receive news of her death just a few hours later. He claims that the school was unable to provide any information on the circumstances surrounding his daughter’s death and expressed his concern that the school may be trying to gloss over the incident.

“I gave Chrisland school a healthy vibrant young girl what Chrisland returned to me is a dead child. My entire family is in deep sorrow but the school Authority claimed they know nothing about my daughter’s death and all they know is that my daughter slumped and died. My question is what happened to my daughter at Agege stadium?” he stated in a social media post.

In the same post, Mr. Adeniran also called for the intervention of the Lagos State Government, the Nigerian Government, and security agencies to investigate the incident and ensure justice is served. He expressed his concern that the school may be trying to influence the results of an autopsy and called on the pathology department of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital to be honest with their findings.

This is not the first time that Chrisland International High School has faced public scrutiny. Last year, the school was at the center of a scandal after an alleged rape of one of its female students during a trip to the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Videos later emerged in social media of the students engaging in sexual activities at their hotel in Dubai, where the school had taken them on a trip. The school was temporarily suspended by the Lagos State Government for thorough investigations, but was later reopened a week later.

As of the time of this report, no official statement has been released by either the school, the state government, or security agencies regarding the death of Whitney Adeniran. However, the incident has sparked widespread calls for accountability and transparency from all parties involved.