TikTok Challenge Horror

TikTok Challenge Horror: Mother’s Face Left with Peeling Skin After Egg Explosion

Shafia Bashir, a 37-year-old mother, recently shared her harrowing experience after attempting a TikTok cooking hack that resulted in a painful and traumatic incident. In her attempt to make a poached egg using a technique she had learned from the popular social media platform, she poured boiling water into a mug, added the egg, and placed it in the microwave for a few minutes.

However, when Shafia placed a cold spoon on the cooked egg as per the hack, a catastrophic event unfolded. The egg erupted forcefully, akin to a fountain of scalding hot liquid, causing severe burns to the right side of her face. The excruciating pain that ensued was described by Shafia as the most agonizing she had ever experienced.

Cooking eggs in their shells using a microwave can be perilous, as the confined heat within the casing can lead to unexpected explosions. Once removed from the microwave, the residual heat continues to cook the egg, making any form of disturbance potentially hazardous.

Now, Shafia, a mother of one, is urging others to exercise caution and think twice before attempting such challenges. Reflecting on her ordeal, she stated, “I just don’t want anyone else going through that, because it is trending on TikTok. It was the most excruciating pain of my life. It was a terrifying time for me. I was in absolute agony. I put my face under the tap and then had to get my mate to look after my daughter so I could go to A&E.”

Residing in Bolton, Greater Manchester, Shafia disclosed that she had been making this dish using the same method for three years before the incident occurred on May 12. The technique was passed down to her by her ex-mother-in-law, who taught her how to poach an egg in the microwave. Up until that point, she had found success with this approach without any issues.

Recounting the events leading up to the mishap, Shafia explained, “I did it exactly the same as I usually do it. I had already made the toast, I was starving! My ex-mother-in-law told me about it. She told me how to make a poached egg in the microwave. I had been doing it for three years. I boiled the kettle, half-filled the mug with water, put salt inside, the egg inside, and microwaved it for a minute. It wasn’t cooked, so I put it in for another minute.”

READ ALSO The Extraordinary Tale of Rukhsana Kausar: Defying Forced Marriage, Confronting Militants, and Emergence as a Symbol of Courage in 2009 Kashmir

Tragic Memorial Day Weekend in Chicago: 9 Lives Lost and 47 Wounded in Shootings

The aftermath of the incident left Shafia traumatized, enduring the burning sensation for hours. The pain persisted even after she had run cold water over her face for approximately 20 minutes. The severity of the burns lasted for a staggering 12 hours, amplifying the emotional toll it took on her well-being.

Having endured such a distressing event, Shafia has sworn off consuming eggs altogether. Despite the traumatic experience, she managed to find solace in her TikTok community, utilizing her burn as part of her recent videos. In an unexpected twist, her followers mistakenly believed the burn was a filter, unaware of the painful reality behind it.

Shafia Bashir’s cautionary tale serves as a stark reminder that online trends and challenges should always be approached with careful consideration and a prioritization of personal safety. The incident underscores the importance of verifying the safety and viability of any social media hacks before attempting them, as the pursuit of viral fame can sometimes lead to unforeseen and perilous consequences.