TikTok influencer and her mother sentenced to life in prison for murdering secret young lover after he threatened to expose his affair with the mum

TikTok influencer Mahek Bukhari, aged 24, along with her mother Ansreen Bukhari, aged 46, has been handed a life sentence for orchestrating a gruesome ambush that led to the tragic deaths of two young men during a high-speed car chase. The distressing turn of events began when Saqib Hussain, one of the victims, threatened to expose his affair with Ansreen by leaking their intimate video.

Last month, both Mahek and Ansreen Bukhari were found guilty of murder in a case that shocked many. The dreadful incident unfolded on February 11 last year when Saqib Hussain and his friend Hashim Ijazuddin, both 21 years old, met a fiery end in a 100mph crash after their Skoda was deliberately forced off the A46 dual carriageway near Leicester by masked assailants driving two pursuing vehicles.

During their sentencing at Leicester Crown Court, Judge Timothy Spencer KC described a harrowing 999 call as “one of the most moving and distressing pieces of evidence ever heard in court.” He chastised Mahek for what he called an “exaggerated sense of entitlement” and expressed that she seemed “oblivious to the damage” she caused.

Judge Spencer emphasized that the case was characterized by elements of love, obsession, and extortion and ultimately labeled it as a “cold-blooded murder” that unleashed a deadly “maelstrom.”

The victims, originally from Banbury in Oxfordshire, were in a Skoda that was relentlessly pursued by Audi and Seat vehicles carrying eight individuals, including Mahek and Ansreen Bukhari.

The court learned that Mr. Ijazuddin’s Skoda Fabia suffered a catastrophic crash, splitting in two and erupting in flames after colliding with a tree at the Six Hills junction in the early hours of that fateful morning.

Both Mahek Bukhari and her mother, residing in George Eardley Close, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, had initially denied two counts of murder.

The prosecution detailed how Mr. Hussain was lured into a meeting with the Bukharis in a Tesco car park in Hamilton, Leicester. This meeting was orchestrated under the pretense of reimbursing him for the £3,000 he claimed to have spent on their romantic encounters.

However, the encounter took a deadly turn as Ansreen and Mahek, accompanied by six others in two vehicles, an Audi TT and a Seat Leon, arrived at the agreed-upon location. Mr. Hussain, accompanied by Mr. Ijazuddin, arrived in a Skoda Fabia at the car park.

In a chilling 999 call made by Mr. Hussain moments before the fatal crash, he reported their car being relentlessly rammed off the road by balaclava-clad assailants in two pursuit vehicles.

Tragically, after his demise, Mr. Hussain’s family revealed to investigators that he had been involved in a three-year affair with the older woman, Ansreen Bukhari, who was married and had children. The relationship appeared to be an emotional one, with Mr. Hussain seemingly deeply in love with Mrs. Bukhari, known as “Anzy.” Mahek, the 24-year-old daughter, was reportedly aware of the affair and seemed to tolerate, if not approve of, the situation.

The senior investigating officer in the case, Detective Inspector Mark Parish of Leicestershire Police, characterized the incident as a “callous and cold-blooded attack.”

In addition to Mahek and Ansreen Bukhari’s life sentences, three other defendants, Natasha Akhtar, aged 23, Ameer Jamal, aged 28, and Sanaf Gulamustafa, aged 23, were found not guilty of murder but guilty of two counts of manslaughter. Another defendant, Mohammed Patel, was acquitted of both murder and manslaughter charges.